- Large dry-cell battery
- Insulated wire
- Strip about 2" of insulation off of one end of the wire.
- Wrap the stripped wire around the screwdriver many times.
- Ready for some SPARKS?!?!
- Take the exposed end of the wire and touch it to the battery terminal, BRIEFLY!!!
- Go ahead and take the wire off of the battery and set it aside.
THE FUN PARTCollect random metal materials throughout your home (paperclips, screws, nails, etc.) - They will stick to the screwdriver!!!!
EXPLANATIONBy charging the screwdriver with a voltage, it is magnetized when inserted into a coil.
TRY THIS TOO!
- Collect other materials and see what the screwdriver can/cannot pick up.
- Time how long the screwdriver stays magnetized!!